how to Request a Copy
There are several ways to request copies of our records:
- In person at the Clerk’s Office during normal office hours, Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, excluding holidays
- There are public access computers for self service searching and printing. Copies are $.50 per page. Certification fee is $2 plus costs for copies for certified copies. We accept cash, checks, money orders or credit cards. All credit card transactions will include a 4% surcharge.
- By mail
- Please provide all information needed to locate the record and specify what you are requesting copies of. You can mail a copy request along with payment and a self-addressed stamped envelope for copies to our office at:
Attn: Copy Request
80 Court Square
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
- You may need to contact the division that you are requesting the copies from prior to mailing the request to determine the amount needed for payment. Checks should be made payable to Clerk of Court.
- By phone as long as:
- the caller has all the information needed to locate the document quickly.
- Payment must be made over the phone by credit card only. Copies are 52¢ per page including the credit card surcharge and copies can be emailed, faxed or mailed. Certified copies must be mailed.
- Copies can be requested at 540-564-1164 or 540-564-3111.
- Online by subscription for attorneys and/or their agents/assistants and Pro Hac Vice attorneys
- Civil and criminal records including all scanned (non-sealed) images are available online via OCRA (Officer of the Court Remote Access) for a fee for non-local attorneys. The service is available to Virginia attorneys (must be in good standing), their agents/assistants and Pro Hac Vice attorneys only.