- Rockingham Park at the Crossroads
Rockingham Park at the Crossroads
About the Park
PARK HOURS: Sun up-one hour before sundown daily. Park may stay open longer for special events and will be closed for all federal holidays and inclement weather. Check our Facebook for all closing updates.
The original Albert Long Park was located near the intersection of Reservoir
Street and Stone Spring Road. The property was donated by the Albert Long
family in 1971 and encompassed 5.945 acres for the purpose of recreation.
On April 26, 2013 the Rockingham County Board of Supervisors authorized
an exchange agreement with Indian Trail Farm, LLC. to swap the current
Albert Long Park for approximately 72 acres of land located along
Spotswood Trail. The Board’s intent is to develop the 65 acres to the rear
of the site as a park, replacing the current Albert Long Park location. When
the current property was taken out of service, the Board’s commitment
to the Long family was to replace the recreational land utilizing much of
the proceeds from the redevelopment of the current property to help fund
construction of the new park.
Key to the Board’s decision to acquire this property was a goal to protect
this area as perpetual green space, providing a buffer between development
along the Spotswood Trail corridor and the farming community in the
Keezletown area. The County rezoned the acquired property to include
approximately 6.4 acres as B1 (Commercial) with conditions along
Spotswood Trail and the remaining 65.6 acres A2 (Agriculture) with the intent
to limit the use to recreation and related uses.
Rockingham Park at the Crossroads will be a local and regional destination for athletes,
recreation enthusiasts, and park goers of all ages. State of the art facilities
will serve as a model for modern park development and will captivate the
interests of everyone who uses the park.
Park Master Plan
$40 per time slot
Shelter Rental Information
Weekends 9am-2pm | 3pm-Sundown
Call 540-564-3160 to reserve your date!
- Baseball Fields (PDF)
- The Baseball/Softball Complex features two 250’ fields and two 300’ fields. It will include concessions with restrooms and located near a playground, pavilion and has prominent views of the Massanutten Peak. Other features include bleachers, green space and a drop off loop.
- Multi-Purpose Fields (PDF)
- The Multipurpose Field Complex incorporates four (4) athletic fields. The complex consists of a pavilion with restrooms, concessions with restrooms, drop off area and bleachers. Open space surrounding each field allows for additional seating. In close proximity is a playground and natural stream corridor.
- Recreation Center (PDF)
- The optimal Recreation Center will be approximately 50,000+/- square foot facility. It will include four (4) basketball courts, elevated running track, dance/fitness room, multi-purpose room, kitchenette, kids zone, locker rooms and ample parking.
- Amphitheater (PDF)
- The Amphitheatre will be a covered stage featuring low walls and flexible seating. The optimal sloped tiered seating has the capacity to hold 3500 to 4000 spectators with handicapped seating available. The Amphitheatre is adjacent to an open play area, pavilion, playground and a splash pad.
- Memorial Cemetery
- On October 1, 2020 a dedication ceremony was held. A plaque was placed at the cemetery with the history of the site and information of the families.
- Cemetery Memorial Plaque
- Cemetery Identification and Delineation Study, Rockingham Park at the Crossroads Property